RE: [Harp-L] Suzuki Bluesmasters?

Any comments one way or other re: Suzuki Bluesmasters (or Folkmasters)?
Bry Thomas  (Huntingburg, Indiana)

Folkmasters are little skinny harps with a raucous tone. I like 'em and there's always one lying around if I need a quick blast. One slight hassle is that they tend to get bunged up quickly if you play slightly on the wet side (like me). Pretty good for a cheapo.

Bluesmasters are slightly higher on the quality scale. The only one I ever bought had inconsistent gapping and needed a fair bit of fine-tuning. It appears to be tuned to 12tET. Don't bother if you like fiddling with reeds and rivets - the reeds are spot-welded on. They're not bad, but I won't be throwing out my LOs or SP20s.

Just my twopenn'orth.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm