RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

Chris Michalek wrote:
"Like it or not somebody in the future wanting to learn legitimate
jazz on the diatonic will come across that piece [Snady Weltman's
recording of "Spain"] and be inspired by
it simply because it now seems possible to play SPAIN. I'd like to
hear a version of it played on an altered harp.  According to
Richard Hunter playing altered harps is easier and sounds better so it
should be no problem to hit all of the notes with a solid tone right?"

At this point, I wouldn't play Spain on anything but a chromatic, though
there may be a suitable altered tuning. Further, tongue-switching is in
my opinion absolutely essential on this piece -- there are too many
rapid changes of direction to allow for appropriate articulation
otherwise.

Thanks, RH