Re: [Harp-L] Home Recording

I use CoolEdit Pro, which is now called Adobe Audition. I love it. I read a review in a recording magazine, where the author said that it is every bit as powerful as Protools, although since I haven't used Protools, I can't attest to that personally.

There is nothing I've ever wanted to do that I couldn't do with CoolEdit Pro. It handles virtually all file types, and allows you to record up to 256 tracks. Looping is easy and it has a built in metronome. I bought a fancy soundcard with outbox for $100 that lets me record 8 tracks simultaneously. Audition costs about $300. For a while, they had an awesome deal where you could uprgade from regular Cooledit to Pro for a ridiculously low price, but that may be over now.

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html

I've never tried Cakewalk home studio.

Hope this helps.

Alec