[Harp-L] temperament considerations

Having recently been made aware of the issues
surrounding intonation options I now have some further
questions.

1) If harps in Just tuning are in tune with themselves
but don't blend as well with equal temp instruments
how did the harp fare for the first eighty odd years
of its history before the introduction of the 12TET
Golden Melody? Do I understand correctly that the
problem can be especially noticeable when playing
along with horns. How did Butter get around this
issue? Those old blues recordings sound good to me but
the the guitar is equal temperament no?

2) If I want to play a combination of single note
lines with some chording can I get away with this on
an Equal tuned harp? Are the chords really that bad
and is a light temperament a better option for this.

3) Some on the list seem to imply that overblowing is
pretty much for jazz/extended positions playing and
therfore is more at home on an Equal harp. I hope not
because I'd like to incorporate some overblows into a
traditional blues context using a Just harp. (As an
aside; I haven't as yet tried the Hering Vintage. How
are they for overblowing?)

Paul B.