[Harp-L] Steve Shaw's CD

I recently received Steve Shaw's CD, Blowing Through the Reeds.  It is an
excellent piece of work - a great selection of mainly Irish tunes, played
with both impressive technique and warmth of feeling.  The comfortable tempi
Steve gives the tunes, and the simplicity of their (mainly) guitar
accompaniment, keeps the focus on the musicality of the melodies, which is
what you want with this type of music (says me).  While Steve has clearly
developed a close knowledge of his material, in this instance familiarity
has not bred contempt:  the tunes are respected as they are enjoyed, Steve's
decorative touches restrained and tasteful.

You needn't be a hardcore Irish music fanatic to appreciate this recording;
the variety in the types of tunes and their presentation renders it quite
accessible to the casual listener.  I strongly recommend it!

- thurg