[Harp-L] Custom Harps...Breath Control

I have a plethora of harps... I think that means a lot... :-)
The amount of energy/air required to get stock harps to do what I want
is a real pain...
I liken it to flying a plane at Mach 1... it takes a lot of work to
control...
Playing a custom harp is like flying a bi-plane easy to fly/correct and
forgiving...
Yes, I'm a pilot...

I just received my custom Golden Melody from Tim (Working Man's
Harps)...
What a beauty to play... a fraction of the air required to produce
amazing/desired results...
BTW... Tim is now making "Working Man's Harps" his life's
calling..."Chasing His Passion"...
Join with me and wish him much Good Fortune...

You might have seen Bob Meehan's post a few weeks back about having some
extra MBand customs in stock...
Sorry, I beat you to them... again... what things of beauty...
Bob uses polyurethane on the comb, particularly on the outer edges where
lip cutting is an issue...it forms a smooth round bead...
Amazing results... no cut/chapped lips here...

There have been several threads on the cost of instruments, but for my
money and the pleasure of playing this has got to be the way to go... It
makes learning a pleasant experience and not a struggle (which I've been
doing)...

I've been to two of Jon Gindick's Jam Camps (great experience) and going
to another in October... Jon has me walking and breathing to get in tune
with more controlled air flow and subtlety in breathing ... these harps
sure accentuate the difference...

Just my 0.02 ... and I'm not an "accomplished" player by any measure...
But I love it...I'm having fun...