[Harp-L] PBS KCET Los Angeles N Me

¡ Gang of Air Thieves !

I posted this to a Rock-A-Billy forum and since it has harp content here it is for ya'll to read :

Kool Kittens & Kats :

I'm kickin man , just kickin back here really feeling great with a big ole grin on ma beeg ole face .

................. - - - ¿ Why ? - - - I thought you'd never ask .............

I just got home from rehearsal tonight with Chan Romero and it was a double sweet treat night for me because I got my favorite bass player to meet Chan tonight and audition , the chemistry of those two was smokin ! Needles to say the new bass player  is " IN "  now with Chan & the gang . It makes it even better for me because the bass player is my 1st cousin :) I always wanted to have a family type act to work in like my grand parents did on me mums side ( circus performers , dancers & vaudeville acts here in Mexico & the USA and motion pictures in Mexico ) and my uncles & cousins on my dads side ( dad too , he played several instruments , yeah I get it from both sides of my family tree with dad's side of the family more on the musical side , ie ; piano , basso/bass fiddle , violins , mandolins & guitars and a motion picture actor " Pedro Armendariz " & son here too as well ) so now I finaly get a chance to have a go with my family act dream in this double family type musical performer's " bill of  fair " so to speak  . Turns out Chan's son Chandler is our drummer , and a nice little pocket drummer he is , the saying " the apples don't fall far from the tree " in this case is very true statement of Chan's son Chandler's drumming ability , tonight we  all had a blast together at the rehearsal session , you know you nailed when everyone's sprouting big apple pie grins from ear to ear and looking forward to the next rehearsal session :)

So looks like it's  Chan & Chandler Romero and Ramón & Ricárdo Armendáriz ( we share the same last name ) familys coming together musically , there's lots of entertainment history between these too family names I can say with out fear of any contradiction .

Which leads me to the first thing that I am on a cloud over personally .

Seems the last session I wrote about with Chan in Los Angeles southern California paid off in more ways than I realized at the time because later Chan was called at home when we returned to Palm Springs southern California from Los Angeles .

The Call :

TV producers from PBS TV station KCET in Los Angeles were in the studio and saw us and heard Chan singing and playing keyboard (¡ Oh Yeah he's a wild keyboard man too besides his really strong guitar playing pickin ! ) as we recorded that afternoon and were impressed to the point of them telephoning Chan to arrange a performnance on a PBS KCET TV Special to be recorded live at their studios in Los Angeles for airing soon in the next month or two  :) We get 12 minutes on a major Los Angeles TV broadcaster plus the cable subscriber viewers in and through out southern California the night of the first airing ! I am on a cloud to say the least and I am super humbled to be able to do this . I have had dreams of playing live in just this type of show  since I was a kid .

I will blow both chromatic & diatonic harps on this live broadcast . I am choosing a " live mic'd " sound as opposed to a Green Bullet type or SM58 mic smacked up against tightly to the harmonica . By mic'ing me live with the mic away from me a tad I get to let  my " hand jive " techniques a chance to show more textures and flavors than normally seen and heard on a harmonica , like for example , how you can get a harmonica to sound like a Hammond Leslie speaker and other neat ways of getting wild on a harmonica like most have never seen much less imagine . Chan's music has the kind of depth that a harmonica man like me drools over because the way he writes his songs makes for a composition that really challenges the harmonica to its fullest extent and gets the most out of it too , and the " most " I refer to is it's more powerful and graceful side  , Chan's songs are something made in heaven for the Rock-A-Billy  madman in my soul :)~

KCET UHF channel 28 of Los Angeles is the station , I'm hoping other PBS affiliates pick it up so it can be viewed nation wide outside of California . The recording date of the special for us is the 14th of September , so we're at it rehearsing and loving it gettn ready Freddy  !

Will keep ya'll informed on airing date and the Special's name .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com