RE: [Harp-L] 4th Position

I do not agree with this. You can not say that it does suit to blues or not. All of that depends of how you play. And you do not necessary need overbends to play blues in 4th position. You can already get the Am scale on all the C harmonica. You might have to bend hole 3 draw. OK! But you can play blues. Of course, it is less usual to hear people playing blues in 4th position, but it does not means that 4th does not fit to blues.

I am playing since 6 years, and I have been using first, second, third, fourth and fifth position since the almost beginning, jsut after I got Steve Baker's Harp Handbook. And at that time, I had no idea about what an overbend could be.
Nowadays, I do use overbends, but I am still able to play in those keys without overbends.

Meanwhile, I also hear some folks saying that overbends donont fit to first position... and I do not agree with this as well.

All of that is a matter of imagination based on what you can do. Even if you do know how to play only 2 notes or chords, you can change rythms... and then still sound great.

Froggy

>.......This position is not well suited to blues (unless you are going to
>over-bend) but is good for >Celtic and other ethnic styles.
>Cheers,
>Rick Dempster
>Australia

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !