RE: [Harp-L] Re: fields, raphael, stardust memories

Charlie McCoy is one of my favorite harmonica players and my first
harmonica influence. There are still very few people on the planet
that can play his stuff. I wish I was one of them but I ain't. I
remember watch Hee Haw religiously just in case Charlie might be
playing.  I'll still watch reruns if I can find them...

If you haven't heard Phil Gazell he's another great harp player to
look up.  I met him last week.  What a great guy! His playing these
days is scarier than it was on his pace yourself record.  He was
explaing to me that he does everything on valved harps.  He played
some really swinging original stuff that floored me.

Terry McMillian is another country stylist that's worth checking into
as well.