[Harp-L] Re : controlled magnetic mic elements (was Harp-L Digest, Vol 12, Issue 30)

Ron Asked :

How can ya tell if they are in working condition before ya buy. I assume any such elements have never been used in a mic?
I have a 15 year old Astatic JT-30 mic that never had much volume to it
when plugged into an amp, therefore i hardly ever used it. Any help in this dept.?

Hurricane Sez :

Ron :

One way is to put a multimeter to it if you can , but if you buy online through ebay or anyone else its a crap shoot at best . The dependability is subject to the integrity of the seller .

As to the JT-30 that has never given you the " gain " its a sure bet it is on the way out .

If you know of a place that specializes in " audio " service and repair , then there is where you begin by taking in your mic and having some one with knowledge who can steer you straight .

You might seek out on the net the schematic and spec's of the mic in question before you head out to a tech , this would aid the tech and make it easier for him to help you .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx