Re: [Harp-L] Rupert Oysler

At 14:28 08/08/2004, Nicolas Fouquet wrote:
> I am thinking of getting Rupert Oysler CDRom, but I am wondering
> if it does worth it.
> Can such people as Douglas Tate or/and Tim Moyer can give me an
> advice.

I'm honored to be mentioned in the same breath with Doug Tate when it
comes to harmonica work!

For the record, I borrowed Rupert's CD from a friend, and only had
time to watch the second ("advanced") part.  I found it to be well-
produced, and full of solid advice and well-illustrated techniques.
It's nice to see examples of the work that you see written about,
such as embossing and reed replacement.  To be honest, I didn't see
that much there that I didn't already know, but I'm guessing I'm
different from most of the other people out there.

In my opinion it's a worthwhile investment, but it rather depends on
how much you already know.  You might consider going in with a few
other harp players who want to learn to work on their own harps as
well, and split up the purchase price between you.  You could take
turns watching the CD or better yet, watch it together as a group and
talk about it (just don't make multiple copies!).  It would be a
great resource for a harmonica club.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps