[Harp-L] HK Harmonica Bash Day 3/4

Hello.

Internet access isn't as readily available here in Honkers as I'd expected,
and what there is costs a pretty penny so I'll keep this brief.

The standard of playing overall remains pretty high. The tremolo harmonica
is certainly very popular throughout Asia, especially on the mainland, but
there are certainly many very fine chromatic players. The standard of playing
at the chromatic solo and duo competitions was very impressive indeed but
stil below what you'd expect to hear at your typical flute or clarinet competition.
The talks by aSigmund Groven and Yasuo Watani were great, these guys have
really looked at and broken down their respective approaches to playing the
chromatic the same way that other serious musicians have with their instruments,
I just wish that this info was available to all chromatic players right from
when they first start playing.

Jens Bunge, Joe Yoshida, and Claude Garden all gave really stellar performances
at last nights jaz and blues concert.

So much to write, so little time.

Cheers to all,

Paul