[Harp-L] Extreme key practice concept (was :armonica keys)

In a message dated 8/3/2004 3:47:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "rtifol" <roberttifol@xxxxxxx> writes:

<if you can handle the high f and the low f you can deal pretty  well with the harps in
between >

For those serious students who truly wish to boost their progress in diatonic skills, buy a high F (or higher) and a low F (or lower) harmonica. The higher and lower, the better.

Practice your skills on these two, even if it sounds funny (I worked out "Whammer Jammer" on a high G - believe me, that 10 hole exhale bend vibrato at the beginning and end sounds like Mickey Mouse singing falsetto).

The point is not to do this on a gig, but to use this discipline in fine tuning your technique. (Experience that 1 hole inhale bend on a low D harmonica - feels like swallowing a grapefruit).

After you embrace this, any harmonica within the normal range of gigging/playing will be much easier to control.

The Iceman