Re: [Harp-L] Re: special 20 pins

smokey-joe & the cafe s wrote:
<<I was cursed with a photographic memory.

Cursed?? I wished I had that for sheet music. Anything I learn from paper
just won't stick in my memory.

<< but the other day, I forgot my shoe size, so there's still  hope.

:-)

> I learned right at the start that unless you learn to fix your own harps,
it could cost you a small fortune to play them

I learned that lesson rather late, but as a result do have heaps of harps to
practise tinkering.

<<Hohner spl-20 diatonics, (exclusively) and I won't change.

I tried everything (almost; I've never seen a Bushman for instance), and I'm
sticking to my sp.20-guns too.

> While I am fairly sure that the spl-20s changed over around 1983, <<

This nailed sp.20 B-harp still works great, but I wanted to improve it for
overblows.
Now I think I'll leave it nailed as it is, as a collector's item. (any bids?
just joking ;-))

Ludo