Re: "magic box"

Richard J. Smith wrote:
"I'm interested in the Holmes 'HARP COMMANDER', but the price is absolutely
outrageous. Is there any real reason why it shouldn't cost under a $100,
like a typical guitar stompbox? Does anyone know where to find
schematics/plans for a similar type box, that one can build oneself? I've
seen a plan for Iron Mike Curtis' 'MIKE MOJO' box, but ..."

============================

Any real reason why it shouldn't cost under a $100? For one, it's not made
by some 8-year-old kid in Sri Lanka earning $1.25 a day. It's handmade in
America by the guy who designed it, the owner of the company, Ron Holmes. To
say its price is "absolutely outrageous" is asinine. Allow me to excerpt
from Ron's site: The "rugged die-cast metal box contains quality components
hand selected for a long trouble-free life. All components are replaceable.
The Commander uses a sturdy fiberglass eyeletted wiring board. ... Units are
built to order."
Regarding Mike Curtis' "MIKE MOJO" box, you're comparing apples and oranges.
The Harp Commander does what Mike's box is designed to do and a whole lot
more.
MN