RE: Goodbye Bob, Hello Woody

Steve Shaw:

> I wondered whether he was something of a prophet=20
> without honour in his own country, or whether
> we simply we don't discuss him because his=20
> harp-playing wasn't of the first water.

This month my little Northern California backwater boondock town of =
Ukiah, California is presenting a musical based on Woody's life and =
songs - Woody Guthrie's American Song by Peter Glazer. I haven't seen it =
yet, but it looks like the guy standing next to the guitar player is =
holding a harp in his hands: =
http://www.ukiahplayerstheatre.org/calendar.html

He's very much honored by Americans.

Bob