Re: OK! OK!  ENOUGH!

>    Then again, there are those of us who are either (a) too old
> and tired
> (b) too pressed for time and not willing to carve out the harp
> time needed to
> become a pro

This post was not meant for those people.  I am looking for people who want to do this.  I am not asking anyone to change anything about themselves that they don't want to change.  I just want to talk to the people who want to.

(c) lacking talent
Everyone has talent enough to represent the harmonica well if the desire is there.  I am not asking everyone to become a pro, I am asking those who want to to take a look at how they represent the instrument and the music.  The harmonica is already looked at as the Rodney Dangerfield of the music world anyway.  That means we have to work harder than everyone else when it comes to having the music community at large look at the harmonica as a viable instrument that can play in any situation especially in Jazz.

 (d) etc. etc.
This is not my problem.

> Many people on this list are simply interested in harmonica, but
> perhaps not
> interested/obsessed enough to put in the time it takes to reach a
> high level
> of skill.

again, I am not talking to those people.

> I like the list for many reasons, one of which is to see how
> dedicated some
> people, like yourself, are to improving their skill. But I also
> like it just
> for information, and just for the pleasure of reading about harp.
> I practice
> some, play some, have fun with it as much as possible.
> I lack the incentive and talent and energy to do it any other way.

Steve, that's fine...I am looking for those who want to take it further.  It is cool about where you are at with the harmonica and that you respect where I am at as well.

regards and respect,
Roger Gonzales