From: <party_man1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:39 PM
Subject: Who's Better Whos Sucks War

> Gang Of  Wind Walkers & Talkers :
>
> Some of these heated battles of who is a legit harmonica player and who
isn't . I see this enter these forums  constantly .

> Truth is :
>
> The School of experienced harmonica players who have spent the time and
improved to the point where they know who has taken the time to become a
great master of the Harmonica and who obviously has not .

> To you's guys I have to comment this :
>
> There are degrees of accomplishment & sophistication  that brings
enlightenment  and helps you to progress beyond those who are still hard at
it trying to get to where you are .

> Something happens along the way to some of these harmonica musicians that
needs to be re-addressed and this is simply put , " You were once an
uniformed beginner and couldn't asses a great harmonica player from a shoe
and that includes me when I first became aware of the harmonica .

> Those that fit this description will not like what I just wrote , but the
fact bears  out that some of these types really lay into the beginners for
their likes of certain harmonica players like Bob Dylan , Neil Young
etceteras . You who fall into this category do nothing to improve the the
mind set of these other  " novices " players of harmonica who are not in a
position to make a qualified distinction of why or how these players are not
considered true virtuosos . That being the case , it would be more
constructive to not disrespect those afore mentioned players , by saying
they are this or that in a negative way . I will agree the right to your
opinions and support it but you might consider using a tad more tolerance .
Now , as I see it these harmonica forums are to promote and improve the
player correct . Well friends bashing a persons favorite harmonica player is
not going to get any novice to improve and is truly counter productive .

> - - Seek another manner or approach to express your feelings , do it in a
in more positive manner is my point - - - .

> To  Novice North American players and players outside the USA & Canada :
>

> Whether you are a novice or a more accomplished player , it would be wise
to consider why these post of why some harmonica players here in the USA
write what the wrote recently in regards to Dylan , Young and others like
them  as far as the degree of harmonica accomplishment these players have or
do not have :

> Here  in the north American hemisphere we are so close to the source of
harmonica virtuosity in regards to The Blues , Country Western , Rock-N-Roll
and other forms of American music with harmonica players   ( those here in
the USA & Canada who have searched out and heard the best mind you , this is
not the mind set of everyone here though  because we harmonica enthusiasts
and players are a rare breed over all ) , and have allot more opportunity
meet and to compare to when it come to harmonica players . It might help if
you consider that here we get to see and play with amateurs that blow the
socks off many who you consider " great " harmonica players . This is not
meant in any way to put you down at all . I make this statement to try and
make you think :

>  " Hmmmmm what is this I read that says my favorite player is not so good
? , Have I missed something here ? Is there more to know that I have not
considered ? " .

> If your not in the main stream , you can miss out on allot of great stuff
that many harmonica amateurs ( besides the semi & pros ) do here in our neck
of the woods that is by far much more sophisticated and accomplished than
the harmonica playing of Dylan & Young and others  . Again this is not a put
down on anyone outside of the mainstream of harmonica playing that loves
these fellows , ¡ heck ! I like Dylan & Young  too a whole lot and I bet
those who mentioned the contrary , I bet like them as well even if they
don't think their harmonica playing isn't the best   .

> If for a moment , please try to think deeply about what I just wrote ,
there is more to realize than you  think and you will never know about it if
you blindly accept what you think about those favorites of yours that you
hold in such high esteem . The degree of sophistication is the issue to
ponder over . To a novice in any genre of music it is a definite challenge
to become more sophisticated and become a knowledgeable person of any genre
of music , in short it takes time  .

> Consider that many who have posted what they regarded about Dylan , Young
& others are opinions of people who have taken the time to become quite
sophisticated and knowledgeable musicians , I will agree on this with you ,
that maybe some of these more sophisticated knowledgeable types could take a
lesson in courtesy :)