Re: Advice on Chromatic's, Golden Butterfly and Hering Professional 40

On Apr 27, 2004, at 1:17 PM, Judoblues@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi everybody, I recently lost/had stolen a CX-12. I've played diatonic
> Harp for a long time, but still not satisfied with my chops on the
> chrom to use it with the band. I've seen the Golden Butterfly
> advertised. How close to playability and tone is it to the Cx-12.

  Be afraid, be very very afraid.

>  Also  saw in coast to coast music a 10 hole chrom called Hering
> Professional 40 (5140). Anyone used it?  How good is it.

  Good, but get a 12 hole (5148). The small size difference is more than
offset by the range (especially in minor keys). As a staunce dyed in
the wool Hohner man, I am very satisfied with the Hering and where I
used to have 5 Hohners, I now have 4 Herings and 1 Hohner.

>  I might be more encouraged to use something like this with the band
> for now, because of the size and use with a handheld mic.

  BE encouraged, be very very encouraged..............smo-joe