RE: Altered Tunings

Chris Michalek wrote:

> My approach is no different then a
> guitarist whom refuses to use a capo.

Interesting comment, Chris.

I've been asked "why do you have so many harmonicas?" When the enquiry =
comes from a guitarist, my reply is usually "nobody's invented a capo =
for the harmonica!"

Guitarists (who often use a capo to help play in any key) often do =
experiment with altered tunings that differ from the standard EADGBE or =
"Spanish" tuning.

I don't think it matters if you stay with the standard tunings on harp =
(or guitar), as long as you are using those boundaries to make good =
music. Not introducing a lot of variables frees the mind to concentrate =
on the art at hand.

Bob Laughton