Re: Harmonica that ruines a song.

Dylan and Young are among the greatest harmonica players ever!
They are not Howard Levy, but they made the harmonica popular. How many of Us have had our first contact with the harmonica hearring Dylan and Young? Hundered of folks picked up the harmonica with young and Dylan!
I you walk down the street and ask to the folks to name a harmonica player, many of them will answer Bob Dylan and/Or Neil Young!
Thought they were not amazing technician, they have done quite much more than any harmonica player for the harmonica.

Bruce Springsteen may not be a great harmonica player, but the most important is that you noticed that He had a harmonica, I think.
A guy said once (Douglas Fairbanks?): "I don't 'bout what may you say if it's about me". Whatever is played on the harmonica, the only important thing remains in the fact that we notice that the harmonica is there. Like that, people with put a part of their interest into the harmonica. That's the only thing which is important.

I want to say that I do not like Dylan or Springsteen playing, but when they perform in a town, the day after, the music stores sell most of their harmonicas.

So, I still have a great respect for all these folks though I don't like their stuff.

Froggy

Samuel Gravina <sgravina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A reoccurring theme here is popular musicians who can't play harp but
do. Names that pop up are Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Alianis Morsette.

Dylan and Young are unfairly criticized, though not always good
harmonica it still adds to the music and sounds good. Morsette doesn't
count as a harmonica player.

But, last night I heard a Bruce Springsteen song that sound really
interesting until the harmonica part. The song was totally ruined. I
believe the harmonica wasn't in tune with itself. The wide random
cords sounded like a gang of former Soviet steel reeds. I just turned
the radio to a different station.

Did Stringsteen do this often?

Sam

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail