RE: Melody Maker tuning

Any fans out there of Melody Maker tuning?  Not just as an occasional
diversion but as
a regular favorite?  What do you use it for?
=====================

Melody Maker provides the 7th (leading) tone of the major scale on Draw 9.
On major diatonic, I have been using the blow-bend on 9 for this pitch.
(Learned that by listening to an early John Popper lick)

Since I  tune up all my own Melody Makers from major plates, (3 alterations)
I am considering LEAVING the flatted the tone alone on draw 9, and playing
the blow-bend on 9 when I want the 7th tone. Benefit is that I have my
choice, whereas Melody Maker looses the flatted 7th tone option in that
octave.

ON Draw 5, Melody Maker offers the raised tone, which can be easily bent
down to the flatted 7th as needed. VERY tasty! Where the progression allows,
it's great to play -

Bent draw 5
(unbent) draw 5, then
Blow 6