re: more on minor key harps

Fox Chase with a minor harp?? Why not?
I ahve, once, tool the wrong harmonica to play at an Irish Trad session, in Galway. The harmonica i took was in A Melodic Minor. It was strange, at the begginning, but very interesting. At the end, it was more an Arabic Trad Session rather than an Irish, but get the tab (for Richter tuning) of an irish song and play it with a Melodic Minor. You could be surprised to heard how good it does sound!!

What I also do, to train myself, is to fing lick on Minor harps and then try to play these lick with a standard Richter Tuned Harp. Very useful!

Personnally, I prefer Melodic Minor tuned cause they have a major scale available.

I would be curious to know the advice of the people about the minor tuning they do prefer! They are plenty of minor tuning!!

Froggy

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I Shot the Sheriff and Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone both work real well 2nd
position natural minor.

Playing Sonny Terry's Fox Hunt on a minor key harp is...uh...interesting

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail