Re: POD people

In a message dated 4/23/04 4:20:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MRWeiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Richard Hunter asks:
>I believe that Mitch often uses a POD amp emulator for his "amped"
>sounds.  Perhaps Mitch can advise if that's the "amp" used on this cut.

Yes I must admit I am a full time POD person.  For recording, it is great -
no noise to bother anyone else, lots of tone control.  I used this on "Cold
Duck Time" as well as on all my other amplifed tunes.  Live, I've had mixed
results but I believe I have a set up now which is killer but I haven't had
a chance to use it out yet.  It consists of the POD through a Kustom 100
watt PA head and a 2x10 cabinet with Mojo tone speakers.  I'm using an old
Astatic bullet mic (also been using this to record lately).  In my house I
can crank this rig till the walls shake, but I'll have to wait till I can
try it in a real live setting with a loud band to see if it really comes
through.

Richard, I will email you a spreadsheet with info about my tuning offlist.
Thanks for listening!
Indeed,

The POD is IMHO the best item for harp tone on the market today. The POD
continually shocks me in how good it sounds not just out front, but also through a
small powered monitor beside me on stage. Last night I played a gig down in
Ft. Lauderdale and I was surprised at how good the unit sounded throughout the
entire place. My suggestion for playing the POD is to not run it through the
Kustom cab setup but to go right through the PA and bring a solid volume amp as
monitor onstage. Running the unit through just the Kustom cabinet limits your
capacity of evenly distributing the sound throughout the club. The PA is the
best amp in the house period and you will not do better than the PA typically.
Also try the British Blues settings, and bypass the stock cabinet and run it
through the 8" speaker setting. Also remember turnin up the channel volume all
the way and adjust the volume from the output.This keeps the POD from
sounding distant.

Andrew