Re: Meteor Amps?

Hi Ryan. It's a 50 watt amp with a P10R, a P10Q & a P12Q. The tube setup
is 5AR4 rectifier, 4 x 6V6 power & 3 x 12AY7 preamp. The chassis is in the
bottom of the amp like a lot of older amps with the control panel up top.
There's
2 channels. The "meaty" channel and the "meatier" channel. The meaty channel
is quite Bassman like but with only a tone, mid, and presence control. The
meatier
channel is where it get's interesting. On this channel the controls are the
same with
the addition of the "meat" control. This is actually a second volume control
but unlike
a standard master volume it actually adds bottom end volume and a bit of
drive. This
amp is my baby and it's been in development for almost 2 years. It's a
little tricky
to get used to the controls but once you do, it's a killer harp amp. My
collection of amps
has gone from about 25 old tube amps to 6. I sold them all off because I
cant see ever
using them again. If you need more info or if I missed anything, please let
me know.

Oh, I did miss a couple things. The amp is cathode biased and sell's for
$1400. It's all hand
built from the circuit boards that I cut and press one at a time to the
solid pine cabined that
I have built with all dovetail joints. The chassis is formed from aluminum
because of it's excellent
electrical properties and the control panel is laser etched out of solid
stainless steel. The speakers are
made by Weber.

I do have connection to the Meteor amplifier other than being a happy
customer. She's my baby  ; - )

Scooter

P.S....  Was Kim playing both of them or just the one ?  I made him a real
rough one in gray and an
actual production model in pink that he picked out. He said that he's hooked
on plating them together with a
y cord lately.