Re: plastic reedplates?

> >Have any successful harmonicas ever been made with plastic reedplates?

Most new-years-eve-type  noisemakers have a plastic reed in them to make
them squeek (you know, the little horns you blow into at partys etc.). I
have on occasion had one of these things stuffed in my mouth at parties. You
can actually bend the reed and do a few other harp-style tricks to amuse
those around you.  I've also noticed plastic reeds in those pitch pipes you
get at the music store for tuning your guitar.  Those things are always way
out of tune... which probably says something about plastic reeds, though I
doubt that they maintain high manufacturing standards either.

Peter