Magic Dick's Song "Whammer Jammer"

I love the song "Whammer Jammer" by Magic Dick and
the J. Geils Band.  It's a real cooker!!!

You'll find Whammer Jammer on these albums and CDs:
J. Geils Band - Full House Live [LIVE]
J. Geils Band - Houseparty: Anthology [LIVE] [BOX SET]
J. Geils Band - The Morning After
J. Geils Band - The Best of the J. Geils Band
Blues Masters (Series) - Vol. 16: More Harmonica Classics

After the J. Geils band broke up, Magic Dick (harp and
lead vocals) and Jerome "Jay" Geils (guitarist) formed
a blues band called "Bluestime".  They play traditional
blues adding their own style to these classics and so far
they have put out two CDs, and they probably be coming
out with more in the future.

Magic Dick & Jay Geils Bluestime CDs:
Bluestime (Released: August 30, 1994)
Little Car Blues (Released: July 16, 1996)

Bluestime CD Links:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/35062/ref=m_art_dp/102-9089974-1302552
http://entertainment.msn.com/album/?album=277396

A Bluestime web site:
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Inn/4530/main.html

Interview with Jay Geils and Magic Dick of Bluestime
has photos of them playing
http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/rockinterviews/bluestime.html
http://fridaynightrocks.tripod.com/geils.html

Article on Magic Dick and Bluestime
http://www.bluesreviews.com/Features/magicfeat.html

I seen them perform several times around Massachusetts
and at the end of each show they close it by playing
Whammer Jammer or they come back with an encore to play it.
It's their signature song and they use it like the
Lone Ranger did when he left behind a "Silver Bullet".

If you'd like to learn to play Whammer Jammer on harp
you'll find the Harmonica Tabs for it here on the Coast
to Coast Music web site:

http://c2cmusic.com/images/whammerjammer.gif

Maybe someday I'll be able to play it too, but I have
a long way to go as a beginner harp player.

I'll keep an eye out for them and if I hear where they're
playing I'll pass it on to you and if you learn where
they're gigging please let me know too.

Magic Dick and Jay Geils always put on a fantastic show!

Yours in Music,

Richard Axtman