Re: Harp Players Coming to Maynard, Massachusetts

- --- "Anthony P. Costine" <acostine@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> has anyone on the list been out to the Sit'n Bull? Sounds like
> a cool place, and I'd really love to see Kim Wilson, but
> before I make the drive down there from mid New Hampshire
> (near Concord) on a Sunday night  I'd like some idea if it's
> a good place to catch a show.
> Thanks,
> --T.

Hi Anthony,

I went there once before to see a band and the place was so packed
you couldn't get in, there wasn't a spare seat in the place.
The guy at the door said to call for a dinner reservation next
time if I want to see the show.  The place is rather a small
intimate venue.  Seats about 50 to 75 people at tables.  You may end
up sitting with people you don't know unless you have enough people
in your group to use a full table.  The room is rectangular shaped
with a small area along on of the length walls for the band, so
just about anywhere you are seated you can see the band.  Hearing
them should be no problem, plan on it being loud.

Sit n' Bull Pub web site: http://www.sitnbull.com
Address: 163 Main Street, Maynard, Massachusetts
Plug the above address into either
http://www.mapquest.com
or
http://mapblast.com/(v1f3nw2mtemoi055kjnd4i55)/Home.aspx
for a street map and driving direst ions on how to get there.
Music TEL: (978) 897-7232
Food TEL: (978) 897-4663
Restaurant and Pub with live Rock, Blues, Country music.
Plan on making a dinner reservation to get seats and a table,
this place gets packed! Advance tickets or a cover charge
are typically $5-$35.  When they having a big name act, the only
real way to get in is by making a dinner arrangement, and getting
there early, before the show for the best seats.

Give it a try you might enjoy it!

Yours in Music,

Richard Axtman