Re: Calling all piggyback players!

smokey-joe:

<< In 1958 (just about the time I first quit playing harmonica), I had to
replace a reed in a Marine Band. I put the reed in and then when I went to
tune it, I started tuning the wrong reed. (The #5 draw instead of the #4). I
kept trying the #4 and it wasn't coming up to pitch, and I kept "trashing
away" till, quite by accident, I discovered the mistake. By then the #5 was
up a whole pitch. I liked it when I found I could do things I never could
before.>>>

More than once I've actually replaced the wrong REED - left the bad one in
and trashed a good one.  No good ever came of this, unlike with you.  If I
were a doctor no doubt I'd be amputating the wrong leg.

I wonder if any of our hallowed customisers would ever admit to such
crimes....

Steve

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica