Re: "Tribute to....." - was NEW Clapton CD with Jerry Portnoy

IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 4/13/04 11:05:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> ftoral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> just a tribute to RJ,
>

> What's with this "Tribute to...: music craze? (It's real big in jazz,
> too).
>
> I have as yet to hear a "Tribute to..." recording that is as good or
> better than whom the "Tribute to...." is.
>
> The Iceman

If you had quoted my whole post -or the proper part of it- you would
have noticed we both agree.

Here it is:

<I haven't listened to the cd yet, but let's consider it just a tribute
to RJ,>
<who is i.m.h.o. unique if we compare his singing and playing with any
other>
<doing his songs. About Jerry, it is always a pleasure listening to
him.>

Fernando Toral
Argentina