Re: the blues......

Glad to hear that!! Myself, I always finish my masterclass with a chapter I called " Necrophily", where I explain that most of us love and try to get harmonica player who are died since decades, meanwhile, there are some "killers" like Rod Piazza, Dennis Gruenling, Doug Randall, MadCat... who are still living and performing and willing and pleased to chat you up after a gig and to explain to you what and how they do.
I think it is not a good thing to keep our mind back in the 60's, that make us ignorants and repeating what we already know, while other people, some pretty young are making the stuff living and still remain unknown until they will be died and that maybe, in few decades, everybody will want to play like them.
So, go for any performance, don't be effraid to talk to the people and to ask them your questions. Do it until it's too late!

Froggy

Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Harpmac01@xxxxxxx wrote:

> guys like kim wilson,rod piazza and so on ARE
> living legends now they deserve some sort document for carrying the torch along
> with many others in keeping traditional electric blues alive and sounding great.

they do, indeed. they also deserve our support in the here and now.
go see 'em play. buy their recordings. applaud wildly. shake their hands.

support your living legends!

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.

on friday night the 16th april we here in the UK will be getting the pbs marty films 'the blues' from all accounts it was all pretty bland stuff no great shakes just have to wait and see but not counting me chickens though.

its just a pity that someone is not willing to stand the cash to produce a film on those living legends who have been out there keeping it alive some near on 35 years now in another 30-40 years when these artists are revered there will be little or no film evidence of them in their heyday from a harp players/listener point of view guys like kim wilson,rod piazza and so on ARE living legends now they deserve some sort document for carrying the torch along with many others in keeping traditional electric blues alive and sounding great.

anyway i don't really know what brought that on mostly cos living in the UK its not so easy to see these guys but hey what can you do.

mac

p.s why the bloody hell has wes weston not got a CD out .........oh i'm in a right one today....me need filter coffee!

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail