RE: The Boogie

Tio Ed, thank for your qualified help on this.
On the subject of Boogie-Woogie, I agree it's roots are deeper &
Piano-based; I'm not (for the purposes of THIS discussion) interested in
"Muddying the waters" with Boogie-Woogie.

RE: Boogie; This is just my jaded opinion, BUT:

Canned Heat: "On the Road Again"
ZZ Top: "La Grange"
Lester Butler: "Boogie Disease"
John Lee Hooker: "Boogie Chillun'"

I think the first is NOT, the second MAYBE, the last 2 DEFINITELY.
...but that's just me - any other opinions? Does anyone else perceive these
finwe distinctions, or am I just (shudder) wrong?
- -Scorcher