Civil War Monicas

  When I referred to the Dutch having the talent to cut harmonica reeds
(even when crippled), I was merely using them as an example.

  I was assisting the premis(s) put out by Pat, Winslow, (et.Al.) that
most of this "history" are old wive's tales (basically put forth by the
old wives of Hohner). Hering doesn't have to do this because they
INSIST that THEY started in 1923.

  I could have just as easily used the French. French are the same as
Dutch, just with different names. Have you ever seen some of the
miniature "automaton" work they did in the late 17-early 1800s. I'm
talking about the tiny music boxes with figures that move, watches the
size of a quarter with figures moving, and all sorts of toys and curios
with clock-work mechanisms. I was never convinced that harmonicas came
from Germany (first) anyway. Why couldn't they have come from France,
or over on the boat with my Sicillian ancestors (who liked to fiddle
with accordions). I can just imagine a Sicillian harmonica (the size of
a breadbox..sic.) OR, better yet, let's go to Winslow"s back yard (in
San Farisco) and see if we can dig up one that came over from China?.
eh? Maybe we can find one from the 49ers.
  Tee Hee Hee...........Hee Hee.........smo-j