The Disc - UPDATE - April 13th

NOTE: Please respond off-list (directly to Scorcher) with any comments -
Let's keep the on-list bandwidth down, OK?

I was a bit ~involved~ in some other projects, so work on the disc has been
at a standstill...only about 1/4 of the submissions have been formatted,
filed, and transferred.

We STILL expect a couple of 11th-hour submissions (you know who you are...)
but, except for those 2 or 3 individuals I've already talked to, the window
is ~officially CLOSED~. If you still haven't prepared or mailed your
songs...just hang onto them for the NEXT Disc (No, I'm not volunteering).
;-)

It looks like The Disc submissions have FAR EXCEEDED expectations - I think
we have WELL OVER 50 contributors (not even counting the Brazilians yet!)
which means we have a TON of music on this disc probably approaching 200
songs (plus that "bonus" disc). We'll include as much information as we can
about performers, equipment, etc. (As much as we get), as promised. If you
didn't send me a bio, or session / band / rig information, now's the time.
I'll remind you all: my email security protocols do not allow me to receive
email attachments, so please send any info you'd like included within the
body of your message, OK? (Thanks.)

If you've sent money "for shipping & handling" for your disc and haven't
gotten a confirmation, don't worry - we've only been to the bank ONCE, and
still have many orders to process. Once we've processed all the orders,
we'll post so you can confirm. I won't be able to confirm individually right
now - sorry 'bout that...

What's that? Shipping Date? You want to know the shipping date?  ;-)

We ~expect~ to be able to ship on our original schedule, by April 30th,
2004.
That's a little after ~some~ of our estimates, but right in line with our
earliest predictions.

I'm very excited about this project, y'all...Thanks very much to all of you
who have sent songs in - this is a unique, fun project, and one that all of
us Harmonica Enthusiasts are really looking forward to hearing!

- -Scorcher