RE: (Boom Boom) The Boogie

Hey there,

Now I don't claim to have any special knowldege of
the history of blues, much less the facet of blues
known as "boogie", but I've always thought that
"Boogie Woogie" goes waaaaay back to the 1920s with
songs like "Pinetop's Boogie Woogie," recorded in
something like 1928. Pretty much a structured
12-bar type I-IV-V arrangement with lots of rhythm
and generally fast.

And I peg John Lee Hooker's boogie as the "Endless
Boogie" since it has only one or two chords and no
precievable turnaround. It's his driving rhythm
that makes it inneresting and it just goes on and
on, right into your livin' bones.

I believe that in this context "Boogie" and "Boogie
Woogie" separate and distinct.

My dos centavos.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens