Re: re: NEW Clapton CD with Jerry Portnoy

Pierre <slavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I listened to clips and I'm definetly disapointed although I'm not surprised
> since been a while since he's done anything 'Clapton' like. Too much
> singing, too little guitar at least on the clips (does he play guitar???). I
> like his voice but that's not what I buy Clapton for.

i went to see a friend's band play at a local bar once.  before joe's
band played, the house band (guitar/bass/drums) did a short set.
the guitarist was *amazing*.  after doing a couple of old Cream songs,
he announced that he was playing Cream songs because "this guitar
used to belong to eric clapton, back when he used to play guitar".

now, if you listen to live recordings of clapton, he plays some
wonderful stuff.  why he's so tame on his albums is beyond me.

i suppose we've gotten off-topic, as far as harp goes.  except that
maybe the same thing applies to harp players.  i.e., go see 'em live.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.