The Boogie

Some friends have been discussing that singular Blues rhythm form known as a
Boogie.

One of my friends maintains that a Boogie-Woogie & a Boogie are practically
the same.

Another tells me there are several distinct bass/rhythm patterns definable
as a boogie & showed me examples.

Still others have other opinions....

My contention is that The Boogie was refined, if not invented, by John Lee
Hooker, and although several other blues forms have boogie components, or
"sound LIKE" a boogie, there's just one "THE Boogie"...that rolling,
snapping, shuffle-like rhythm that drives the one-(or two) chord songs of
John Lee Hooker (like Boogie Chillun).

So, does anyone have a definitive answer on this? I googled Boogie, but I
still don't believe most of the opinions I've seen are right. Is there an
historical authority on this? Barbeque Bob, you're well-informed on this
kind of thing. Winslow? Smokey?
- -Scorcher