Re: broken reed means toast?

Oliver,

of course you can change the reed of your harmonica. The subject is very well explained on some web sites:

www.patmissin.com (for the english speakers)

http://www.chmel-classic.de/sites/english.html (for both english and German speaker)

http://membres.lycos.fr/cainaud/ (for the French speakers)

http://www.doctorharp.it/ (for both Italian and English speakers)

http://www.tenhole.com/ (for english speakers)

These site will give you a good idea of what you can do on your harmonicas.

If you are looking for the tools, you can make them by yourself or buy some at
www.frfarrell.com

Good luck,

Froggy

Oliver Schoenborn <oliver.schoenborn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, I haven't been very present on the list but enjoy the discussions. I've been playing for a couple of years as a hobby, though this past year I've had at most a few minutes a day, given our recent addition to the family (who is now 1 year old and running around the house with glee).

I'm posting about an old harmonica I have been given, a Hohner Blues Harp in C, sounds great on all but the 8th hole, which has a broken reed (reed completely missing). I can't see how this could be fixed, but since most of you are veterans of the instrument, you may have ideas I wouldn't think of. Can a broken reed be fixed somehow or should I just chuck the harp in the can? Perhaps just replacing the reed plate would do it, but I don't know if those are transferable, and I certainly don't have a spare one in that key.

Cheers,
Oliver

Nicolas Fouquet
Frog's Workshop