amp modelers

I recently picked up a used SansAmp GT2 after a guy used it in my studio
and sounded fantastic. I think it's great for a couple of reasons.

1. 3 switches/4 knobs - easy to set for a clean or hot-rodded
fender/marshall/boogie tone..
2. sounds great and does a really good job of emulating amps. Their
recommended "Bassman" setting sounds a lot like a bassman with the
volume at 8, which you don't get to do often in public.
3. Lots of clean gain -  The SansAmp level allows me to plug a JT-30
with 20 foot cord into it and get a good line level to the sound man.

Bonus - It weighs less than an amp, is really convenient for sitting in
and you can get a used one for ~$100..

Down sides "optional power adapter" - 4 screws must come out to change
the battery.
Doesn't look as cool as a vintage amp when you walk in.

FWIW - Behringer stuff works well, but I've had bad luck with
reliability. Their custom 15.5 volt adapter isn't reliable and a
replacement is $40, a real bummer. On the other hand their switchable
patch bay works great.

Keep cool,

Ned