little walter and bebop

Little Walter was a great harp player and I hear jazz phrasing in his
playing-just not bebop phrasing. First-bebop is very chromatic, lot of emphasis
on major third and major seventh. Lots of half step riffs. Second, the rhythm
is brutally difficult. Try playing some Thelonious Monk. Some of it looks
easy-not too many notes, but the rhythm is outrageously hard to play. I also
don't hear the dissonance.

Little Walter sounds more like the 40s big band dance bands-you know "In the
Mood" that kind of stuff.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm