Exact Quote RE Little Walter/Jazz

Found the specific reference in the Glover biography.  Frances Clay was the
drummer I referred to, and he talks about Lester Leaps In, but the guitar
player, Fenton Robinson, goes further: "A lot of stuff we played on gigs we
wouldn't record: Lester Young, stuff we heard on the jukebox--Lou Donaldson, Horace
Silver...You had more room to create on gigs.  Once you go outside and get high
and come back, even if you'd already played a song, it wouldn't be like that
the next time...We'd just decide we were goin' back in there and burn the roof
down--that was our objective."

The image of Little Walter playing Alligator Walk or Song for My Father
while, uh, groovin' high, so to speak, is definitely hard to shake...