Re: bopalula

Michael Peloquin wrote:

>OK--
>I'll bite.
>Please let me know exactly which track and at what point in the tune did LW
>play what could be agreed upon as a BeBop phrase?
>please back this up

Richard Hunter once wrote a fairly detailed study of Little Walter's
playing for the Journal of Jazz Studies. Unfortunately I don't have a
copy at hand to quote him accurately, but as I recall he concluded
that tales of bebop's influence on Little Walter's playing were
somewhat exaggerated.

Perhaps if Richard is reading this he could comment?

 -- Pat.