Re: Solder on Reeds (harp-l-digest V11 #74)

For a really clean machine...

If you are going top soak your harps in booze, try Everclear. It's 180 proof
and doesn't have any of the sticky properties of some adult beverages. I do
however recommend against cleaning harmonicas with daiquiris and margaritas.

Personally, I use 90% Isopropyl alcohol to clean my harp bodies and reed
plates. I just make sure that It's completely dry before drawing hard chords
on holes 1 through 5.

The Everclear is about the same as isopropyl for cleaning purposes, but it's
much more expensive and won't make you blind if you forget to allow for dry
time. (Blind drunk maybe, but not blind..)

cheers
The Harmaniac? Dennis M. Cooper
http://www.crossharp.com

Premium!