Re: Solder on reeds

Why mix stainless steel powder or brass powder to the adhesive (epoxy resin, superglue, nail polisth, etc) as opposed to just using the adhesive to add weight to the reed ?

Does the metal powder add MORE needed weight than the adhesive alone?

Or does the metal powder add MORE strength than the adhesive alone?

Where's a good source for these powders ?

My soldering attempts were not very successful, and I definitely want to try something that gives better results!

Thanks!

Ken Hildebrand

P.S.  Hey Pat Missin !  You coming to the Buckeye this year ?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com