Re:bopalula

- --Apple-Mail-4--523553298

That's right, not lifted phrases but bebop phrasing, is what I meant.
Not played in a bebop context, but in shuffles, etc, and not in all of
his stuff. But he did play phrases that to my ear range all over the
joint like a bebop phrase - that break out of the straight swing stuff
that he pioneered.

Listen to "Rollercoaster".

 > we still must differentiate between these two words:
 >
 > PHRASES (Andrew's supposed claim)
 > -my opinion: no BeBop PHRASES were played by LW
 >
 > PHRASING (my assumption of Andrew's intended meaning)
 > -LW used plenty of BeBop PHRASING

- --Apple-Mail-4--523553298