Re: toxicity of sealants

the Leones wrote:

>  *  See, here we go with the multi-million dollar lawsuit thingie,
> (America's answer to everything). If you don't think you like the
> sealant (stabilized Brasil-Nut oil), don't buy the harp.......smokey-joe

Hi,

I'm with Smokey-joe on this one.  I wasn't really thinking in terms of
lawsuits myself, only that if there seems to be any doubt (such as has
been raised in this forum), that it might keep some folks from using
this harp.  This would be a real shame because like Barbeque Bob, I
think this a really nice product.  I'm personally willing to give Hering
the benefit of the doubt that they haven't used a harmeful finish and
will continue enjoying my new harp.

So Smokey, is it really stabilized Brasil-Nut oil?

Howard Chandler
Who would hate to think that hering would have to force a thousand
rabbets to play "Lady of Spain" to prove it's safe.