ADMIN Re: bounce list

Thanks to the few people who wrote claiming dead addresses.  Yesterday I
unsubscribed the remaining addresses on the list I'd sent to harp-l.  If
you suddenly aren't getting harp-l-digest you might want to check with me
and I can check the list and make sure I haven't inadvertently
unsubscribed your address.  The vast majority of those addresses were an
artifact of the way we jump started the list after moving from Garply.com.
 We used an old subscriber list and subscribed everyone on it.  That list
had several hundred bad addresses on it, the harp-l ones got culled in the
first couple of months but digest ones got left to bounce on a semi daily
basis.  A couple hundred addresses, error reports for each one that were
at least 2-3 lines long, many of them multiple delivery attempts, combined
with a returning digest.  A lot of times the bounce was over 1000 lines
long and it approached half a meg in size.  I'm glad it's gone.

Just a reminder, we have a new archive site, www.harpamps.com
It doesn't update yet but it will.  The search function is odd but it
works a lot better than the yahoo engine.  I actually found stuff right
away.  Our harp-l.com archive will eventually be revived, I'm currently
awaiting the arrival of the old garply.com hard disk.  Unfortunately the
person who has physical posession of that disk is not currently in the
U.S.A. but he's expected back soon.  I'm not quite sure if anyone really
cares about or needs to know about any of this stuff.  Feel free to delete
anything marked admin that doesn't have a Please Read appended to it.
Please reads need to be read by every subscriber, anything else is
optional.