Re: toxicity of sealants

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: toxicity of sealants

> Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:08:48 +0100
> From: "Robert Venables" <robert.venables@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: toxicity of sealants
>
> What is being referred to, I guess, is what we know in the UK as Liquid
> Parafin, a medically approved ( and odourless) laxative.
> (................... insert funny comment here)
> Rob V
> </quote>
>

> Hello Rob V.
> Yes I have a bottle of Paraffin Liquid here which I bought over the
counter
> a while ago.  Franz Chmel & Jens Bunge recommend its use as a slide
> lubricant.
>
> As BBQ Bob lives in the USA its safe to assume he's using USA language and
> assumptions.
>
> Whatever the case, no matter where you are in the world, there is a big
> difference between Paraffin Liquid and Paraffin Oil, and I think it is
> reasonable to expect people who are giving out information and facts are
> careful about important distinctions like this which is why I commented on
> it.   You cannot drink Paraffin oil and safely expect "internal
lubrication"
> without some nasty side effects.
>
> BBQ Bob has stated that Hering are using Paraffin Oil to seal their wood
> combs.  Perhaps he could confirm that this is what he meant.
>
> G.

Hi,
Parrafin Oil is what I clearly recall being said on a post here. To further
clarify, this wasn't what Carlos Bertolazzi personally said, as he mentioned
in an email to me that they tried several different sealants and then
settled on the one that presently works with the wood they use on those
combs. Like I said, before you sick the attack dogs, that is what someone on
this list had posted, and Carlos had niot come out and said exactly what it
was to me, and the person who made that particular post was from somewhere
in Europe. I had contacted Dino DeLima at their US office in Miami, FL, and
could not get the actual scoop on it, saying that "it was a secret." If you
remember, I said according to someone who posted on the list!!!! Cool the
attack dog mentality!

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA