The brotherhood of the blues, Singapore

Just had a great night here in Singapore. I had
emailed one of the local icons here, Danny Loong,
after I picked up his name on his website, ublues.com.
 I was a complete stranger and am in town for
business. But he hooked me up at a Sunday jam and came
down with some of his band mates. A great harp player,
Kelvin Smokey Ng, fronted the house band at the club,
The Backstage Bar.   The cat can blow; he?s as good as
any I?ve heard in the States.  The rest of the band
was awesome and all locals. After grooving on their
sound I was invited up for a set, which was an
absolute blast.  I was just hoping to be able to catch
some good music and instead got to meet a lot of great
people and share a great time.  It?s a small blues
community, but they are all dedicated to their craft
and really understand the feel.  And for those of you
who may in the unlikely event be passing though
Singapore definitely catch Kelvin. Awesome player and
really nice guy.

Bill H