Re: Whammer-Jammer Tablature

At 13:13 10/09/2003 -0700, Mojo wrote:

>I'm not sure why the SPAH magazine published that
>old transcription of Wammer Jammer, unless it was
>because they didn't have to pay for publication
>rights. I agree, that particular transcription is
>basically unreadable, confusing and a frustrating
>mess. However, don't toss out the baby with the
>bathwater on harp tab until you've seen it done
>well.

Hi Ken

We published it because I asked for it to be published :))

If you have a better version it may be a good idea to publish
that.  However, this was the version on the Coast2Coast website and was
done by Rick Barker, a much underrated harp player and erstwhile friend who
I have lost contact with.

The reason for the actual choice of pieces in the 40th Anniversary
Harmonica Happenings was as follows.
I wanted one of the best known solos for groups... one of the traditional
hurdles for diatonic... and we just happened to have this completely new
work for 'classical ' players.

Douglas t